News & Updates
- The Newly Canonized St. Paisios of the Holy Mountain (1/20/2015) - This week, the Greek Orthodox Church canonized St. Paisios of the Holy Mountain. We are ordering several copies of the book Elder Paisios of Mount Athos by Hieromonk Isaac to read as a parish. If you’d like a book, please let Kelley know. Elder Paisios of Mount Athos (1924-1994) was one of the greatest and most revered elders of the Orthodox Church in the twentieth century. An inheritor and conveyer of the ascetic ethos and dogmatic consciousness of the Holy Apostles and Holy Fathers, he lived the monastic life in obscurity on the Holy Mountain of Athos in northern Greece but became a beacon of true life in Christ to faithful throughout the world. He commited himself entirely into the hands of God and God in turn gave him as a light and guide to all who seek the Truth and salvation. This biography, written by his close spiritual disciple Elder Isaac and ... Read More
- The Return of Coffee Club (1/19/2015) - It’s back! Join us Friday at 4:30pm at the parish for Coffee Club at the parish. We’ll be discussing Wisdom for Today from the Early Church David Ford, who is a St. Antony alumni, looking at what Acts really says. We’ll also continue our discussion on the 300 Sayings of the Ascetics of the Orthodox Church and 38 Sayings of St. Antony the Great, our patron saint. John will also be back with Thursday lunch with a Chili & Baked Potato Bar with all the fixings for $8.00 and Peach Cobbler for desert for only $2.00.
- St. Antony Weekend Celebration (1/12/2015) - This weekend we celebrate the feast day our temple’s patron saint, St. Antony the Great. To learn more about the life of St. Antony, visit our page dedicated to him here or read the life of St. Antony by St. Athanasius here. St. Antony weekend schedule: Friday, January 16th 4:30 pm – Coffee Club at the parish 6:30 pm – Vespers Saturday, January 17th 9:00 am – Orthros 10:00 am – Divine Liturgy followed by brunch 5:00 pm – Vespers Sunday, January 18th Brunch after Liturgy with an update from Fr. George on our parish projects.
- The Blessing of the Waters (1/6/2015) - Last night, we celebrated liturgy for the Feast of Theophany (the Baptism of Christ). After liturgy was the blessing of the waters and during this service, the entire meaning of the Feast comes into view. Below is one of the prayers; take a moment on this blessed feast day to prayerfully read it: Prayer from the Blessing of Waters Today the grace of the Holy Spirit hath descended on the waters in the likeness of a dove. Today has shone the Sun that setteth not, and the world is lighted by the light of the Lord. Today the moon shineth with the world in its radiating beams. Today the shining stars adorn the universe with the splendor of their radiance. Today the clouds from heaven moisten mankind with showers of justice. Today the Uncreated One accepteth of His own will the laying on of hands by His own creation. Today the ... Read More
- Celebrate Epiphany (12/30/2014) - Celebrate the Theophany liturgy tonight at 6:30 pm at the parish. Be sure to bring your holy water bottles to fill and take home so you have holy water throughout the year.
Tweets from Fr. George
Services & Events
Check out our calendar so you don’t ever miss a service, dinner, or other event at our parish.
Join us on Friday afternoons from 4:30 – 6:00 pm for a cup of coffee as we talk about the Faith with Father George. This is a great time for your questions.
Education is a big part of Christian formation. Click here for more information on our classes, book club, and other educational opportunities.