News & Updates
- Work Parties This Week (6/8/2015) - 5-8pm. Tuesday and Wednesday Evenings. Show up any time. Cleaning, fixing altar ceiling, moving items etc. If you can work daytime call Fr. George. Watch for other times.
- Friday Coffee Club on Summer Break: Resume September (5/8/2015) - Join us tonight for Coffee Club at the parish at 4:30 pm. See you there.
- This week at St. Antony (3/24/2015) - On Sunday we celebrated the St John of the Ladder. St. John Climacas’ ladder reminds us that the spiritual struggle of the Christian life is a real one, “not against flesh and blood, but against… the rulers of the present darkness… the hosts of wickedness in heavenly places …” (Eph 6:12). Saint John encourages the faithful in their efforts for, according to the Lord, only “he who endures to the end will be saved” (Mt 24:13). Below are the 30 steps on the laddaer of divine ascent along with quotes on each step from St. John. Coming up this week Wednesday is the Feast of the Annunciation and, due to construction at our parish, we will celebrate the divine liturgy at Holy Trinity (1222 S Guthrie Ave) at 6:30 pm. Join us for lunch at the parish on Thursday from 11:30am – 1:00pm. The last Akathist is Friday at 6:30 pm and ... Read More
- Sunday of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross (3/17/2015) -
- American Sniper Discussion with Fr. George (3/4/2015) - Last month’s American Sniper discussion with Fr. George was a big success. The hall of the parish was packed with people asking questions, talking about their experiences, and engaging with Fr. George who talked about the movie, his time in Vietnam, his return home and finding God after coming out of the hell of trauma. As a combat veteran and a priest, Fr. George has a very unique perspective on American Sniper and has insights into the nature of trauma and will be leading a discussion on the irrationality of evil and about having faith in light of the trauma people go through in life, whether from war, child abuse, rape, or car accidents on March 10th at the parish at 6:30 pm. This event is free and open to the public, so invite your friends.
Tweets from Fr. George
Services & Events
Check out our calendar so you don’t ever miss a service, dinner, or other event at our parish.
Join us on Friday afternoons from 4:30 – 6:00 pm for a cup of coffee as we talk about the Faith with Father George. This is a great time for your questions.
Education is a big part of Christian formation. Click here for more information on our classes, book club, and other educational opportunities.