News & Updates
- Liturgy tonight is canceled due to weather (3/25/2015) - Stay safe tonight.
- This week at St. Antony (3/24/2015) - On Sunday we celebrated the St John of the Ladder. St. John Climacas’ ladder reminds us that the spiritual struggle of the Christian life is a real one, “not against flesh and blood, but against… the rulers of the present darkness… the hosts of wickedness in heavenly places …” (Eph 6:12). Saint John encourages the faithful in their efforts for, according to the Lord, only “he who endures to the end will be saved” (Mt 24:13). Below are the 30 steps on the laddaer of divine ascent along with quotes on each step from St. John. Coming up this week Wednesday is the Feast of the Annunciation and, due to construction at our parish, we will celebrate the divine liturgy at Holy Trinity (1222 S Guthrie Ave) at 6:30 pm. Join us for lunch at the parish on Thursday from 11:30am – 1:00pm. The last Akathist is Friday at 6:30 pm and ... Read More
- Holy Week Schedule (3/17/2015) - Holy Week is just around the corner. As always, you can get the most up-to-date information from the Calendar page on the website, but to make it easy for you to save or print this year’s Holy Week schedule, here it is starting with the canon of St. Lazarus: Friday, April 3, 2015 Canon for St. Lazarus – 6:30 pm Saturday, April 4, 2015 Liturgy for St. Lazarus – 9:00 am Sunday, April 5, 2015 Orthros – 9:00 am Palm Sunday Divine Liturgy followed by a procession – 10:00 am Bridegroom Service – 6:30 pm Monday, April 6, 2015 Bridegroom Service & Confessions – 6:30 pm Tuesday, April 7, 2015 Bridegroom Service & Confessions – 6:30 pm Wednesday, April 8, 2015 Holy Unction – 6:30 pm Thursday, April 9, 2015 Vesperal Divine Liturgy – 10:00 am The Reading of the 12 Passion Gospels – 6:30 pm ... Read More
- Sunday of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross (3/17/2015) -
- American Sniper Discussion with Fr. George (3/4/2015) - Last month’s American Sniper discussion with Fr. George was a big success. The hall of the parish was packed with people asking questions, talking about their experiences, and engaging with Fr. George who talked about the movie, his time in Vietnam, his return home and finding God after coming out of the hell of trauma. As a combat veteran and a priest, Fr. George has a very unique perspective on American Sniper and has insights into the nature of trauma and will be leading a discussion on the irrationality of evil and about having faith in light of the trauma people go through in life, whether from war, child abuse, rape, or car accidents on March 10th at the parish at 6:30 pm. This event is free and open to the public, so invite your friends.
Tweets from Fr. George
Services & Events
Check out our calendar so you don’t ever miss a service, dinner, or other event at our parish.
Join us on Friday afternoons from 4:30 – 6:00 pm for a cup of coffee as we talk about the Faith with Father George. This is a great time for your questions.
Education is a big part of Christian formation. Click here for more information on our classes, book club, and other educational opportunities.