News & Updates
- Sunday of Orthodoxy 2015 (2/26/2015) - This Sunday is the first Sunday of Great Lent, Sunday of Orthodoxy and the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America sent out the following letter. If you’d prefer, you can see the original .pdf of the letter here. Longsuffering Lord, how wonderful are your works! Who will number your love for humankind? Who, when they see your Priests and Ascetics slain for the sake of your Icon, would not reject deceivers? But you, when insulted, endured. (Synodikon of the Sunday of Orthodoxy, 9th Ode) Sunday of Orthodoxy 2015 To the Reverend Priests and Deacons, the Monks and Nuns, the Presidents and Members of Parish Councils, the Day, Afternoon, and Church Schools, the Members of Philanthropic Organizations, the Youth and Youth Workers, and the entire Orthodox Christian Family in the United States of America Beloved Brothers and Sisters in Christ, At the onset of our journey to Holy ... Read More
- Clean Week (2/24/2015) - Lent has started and we are in the midst of Clean Week. We’ll hold Compline and the Great Canonservice at the parish every night this week at 6:30 pm. We’ve also got a pdf of the service here for you to prayerful read and meditate upon. Our parish is undertaking something new this Lent called the Lenten Cell Phone Challenge. What’s that you ask? It’s easy: Turn your cellphone (and all electronics) completely off. Place your phone next to you and set an icon in front of you. Sit the quietly and be still (no reading). As you’re sitting, be attentive to how habitually you want want to turn your phone when you’re quiet and loneliness sets in. Don’t turn it on! Try this for fifteen minutes every day for the rest of Clean Week. As you sit there, continue quietly and chase the thoughts away; be aware of the ... Read More
- American Sniper : Reflections on Combat & the Spiritual Life (2/14/2015) - In case you missed it out, Fr. George was interviewed in the Tulsa World about the movie American Sniper, the text of which we have included below for you to read. As a combat veteran and a priest, Fr. George has a very unique perspective on American Sniper and has insights into the nature of trauma and will be leading a discussion on the irrationality of evil and about having faith in light of the trauma people go through in life, whether from war, child abuse, rape, or car accidents on Thursday night at the parish at 6:30 pm. This event is free and open to the public, so invite your friends. For more info or to RSVP, visit the Facebook event page for the discussion here. ‘American Sniper’ movie touches Tulsa pastor who fought in Vietnam War Deeply buried horrors of war came rushing back to Tulsa pastor and decorated Vietnam ... Read More
- Meatfare, Camp Applications and Construction Update (2/10/2015) - Applications for camp are out. Be sure to fill them out and return them early to guarantee space. More info can be found here. This Sunday is Meatfare and the teens are going on their annual trip to Mr. Taco. Construction is moving along nicely. Be sure to stop in and see the beautification of our Temple. As we prepare for Lent, here’s a nice read from Met. Anthony Bloom on Humility. The word “humility” comes form the Latin word ‘humus’ which means fertile ground. To me, humility is not what we often make of it: the sheepish way of trying to imagine that we are worst of all and trying to convince others that our artificial way of behaving show that we are aware of that. Humility is the situation of the earth. The earth is always there, always taken for granted, never remembered, always trodden on by everyone, somewhere we cast and ... Read More
- This week at St. Antony (2/3/2015) - In case you missed it, we’ve begun remodeling the sanctuary. We have new stairs leading to the balcony and the basement and we’ll start installing sheetrock this week. Fr. George is going to Wichita Wednesday – Friday for the Clergy Symposium, but will be back for Coffee Club, Friday at 4:30. The Pre-Lenten Season has started, be sure to pick up your copy of the Lenten Triodian and Holy Week Service book if you don’t have one yet.
Tweets from Fr. George
Services & Events
Check out our calendar so you don’t ever miss a service, dinner, or other event at our parish.
Join us on Friday afternoons from 4:30 – 6:00 pm for a cup of coffee as we talk about the Faith with Father George. This is a great time for your questions.
Education is a big part of Christian formation. Click here for more information on our classes, book club, and other educational opportunities.